Friday, January 15, 2010

Grading Scale

A+ : Goes on my favorite book list.  This book touched me in some way.  Either I really connected with the characters, or the plot was freakin' awesome.  If you're ever in a reading slump, try this one!

A : I loved this book.  Well-written, good character development, fast-paced plot (or so beautifully written that I didn't care if it moved slow).  Highly recommended.  This is one I would probably re-read, and I will check out all of the authors other books as well.

B : I liked this book.  There may have been a few things I didn't like, but the good outweighed the bad.   If you're ever browsing in a book store, this might be one to buy.  I will read more by this author/continue with the series (if it is one).

C :  This book was okay.  There were things I liked, and things I didn't.  This would be a good one to check out from the library.  Depending on what I liked (or didn't like), I might recommend it or read more by the author.  

D : Didn't like it.  Something made me finish this book, but there wasn't much good in it, and I probably wouldn't recommend it.  I'd say only read this book if you have nothing else to read.

F : Couldn't finish.  Either it was boring, not believable, or some other third thing.  Only read this book if you're trapped on a deserted island and it's the only thing available.  And even then, it might be time to find a new hobby.

Most of my reviews will be a C grade or higher.  I rarely give books a D grade, because if I don't like it, I'm usually fairly quick to give up on it.  There are way too many books out there to read the ones I'm not into.

No comments: