Monday, January 4, 2010

The One Day Way

Title: The One Day Way
Author: Chantel Hobbs
Genre: Self Help
Page Count: 210
Why I read it: Received review copy from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group
Grade: B

Synopsis:
Yesterday's mistakes are gone so let them go. You can't control tomorrow, so stop worrying about it. Today is your opportunity to lose weight, get strong, and look great. It won't happen overnight, but you can build a new life by changing your actions immediately and this book shows you how to make the changes that will create the new lifestyle you dream of: body, mind, and spirit.  For more information visit Random House.

My review:
This was a well-written, easy to read book about a new approach to losing weight.  The author makes things easy to understand, and has good advice throughout the book.  I've read a few different fitness and weight loss books, and while I can see how the plans in each book might work, they've always seemed a bit unattainable, to be honest.  The fitness and food plans were never anything that I could do or afford. 

At first I was thinking the approach in this book wouldn't work for me, because I've always been the "I'll start tomorrow" type of person.  So I thought if I took it one day at a time, every day I'd just say I'd start doing better tomorrow.  But then I realized I'm that way because my plans are always long term.  It's always a month long plan, or a six month plan or the like.  So it's easier to say I'll start on my new plan tomorrow.  If I focus on small, daily goals, every day is a chance to accomplish a goal.  It won't seem so daunting, and won't be something to put off starting until tomorrow.

I haven't started on the one day way yet.  It's going to be a New Years resolution for me, so I can't say how well the plan actually works, but I can say the book was an easy, enjoyable read, and I would recommend it if you're looking to try something new and fresh for getting healthier.

No comments: