Monday, February 16, 2009

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

I finally finished Mistborn this morning. This book took me a really long time to read, and I think part of that was because it wasn't one that I couldn't put down. There are some books that, when I'm reading, I have to go on to the next chapter to see what happens. But with this book, I never had that problem.

That being said, it was a great book. There were parts that were a little more detailed than I like, but that was mostly at the beginning, and I think the author was just trying to explain how things worked. Mistborn was different than any other fantasy I've read. That's one thing I like about Brandon Sanderson--that his books are not the normal fantasy fare. I'd compare his writing to China Mieville in it's originalitly.

When I was around 200 pages in, I wasn't sure if I was going to continue on with this series right away. But as soon as I finished this morning, I wanted to start reading the second book. The problem is that I don't have the second book, and I also have a few other books I need to finish this week for reading groups. Overall, I would give Mistborn an A-. For a description of the book, check out the Amazon link here.

No comments: