Tuesday, September 15, 2009

REVIEW - Bon Appetit

This was my second time reading Bon Appetit, but the first time around I read it before having read the first book of the series, Let Them Eat Cake. I loved it more this time around than I did the first.

Bon Appetit is the second book in the French Twist series, and continues the adventures of Lexi. In this book she travels to a city right outside Paris and attends a cooking school there while working in the family bakery of her previous boss from Seattle, Luc. It was nice reading this again after having the background from the first book. It was actually enjoyable and could be read either way, but background info is always nice.

While Lexi is in France she meets Phillipe and his daughter Celeste. Phillipe is part of the family at the bakery. I totally fell in love with them the first time around, and even more so this time. Forget old boyfriend in Seattle, France is where it's at! I'm very interested to see where things go in the third novel, which released today, but I'd just like to say for the record that I'm team Phillipe.

I can't wait to read the third novel of the series, but I'm very sad that it'll be ending. I've come to love Sandra Byrd as an author, and I hope to read more adult books of hers in the future! I rate this one a big 5/5, and would recommend it no matter what you like to read. A very sweet and engaging book!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I have an award for you -- just because :)
http://zqueenbees.blogspot.com/2009/09/spread-love.html

Sherry said...

Another torn between two lovers? I'm seeing quite a lot of that in the book I'm reading. Maybe it's a favorite fantasy of some of us to have two guys both in love with you.