Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Best books- Ender's Game


I haven't been book blogging for very long, so every once in awhile (when I think about doing it) I'm going to post about one of my favorites that I read before my blogging days.  Today's book has been at the very top of my favorites list for years and years.  Recently, I read Let Them Eat Cake, and while I originally felt like it replaced my top favorite, I realized they are such very different books that they can't be compared.

The book is Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.  When I first read this book, it seriously blew me away.  I loved it so much.  This is one of those books that I recommend to everyone.  I don't care if you like to read or not.  I even made my husband (who is definitely NOT a reader) read it, and he liked it too.  I don't care if you're not a science fiction fan--this book isn't too heavy on the science, and it's very character driven.

Here's a synopsis:
Aliens have attacked Earth twice and almost destroyed the human species. To make sure humans win the next encounter, the world government has taken to breeding military geniuses -- and then training them in the arts of war... The early training, not surprisingly, takes the form of 'games'... Ender Wiggin is a genius among geniuses; he wins all the games... He is smart enough to know that time is running out. But is he smart enough to save the planet?

No comments: