Wednesday, October 21, 2009

REVIEW - Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures Vol. 2


Title: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures Vol. 2
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Genre: Graphic Novel
Got it from: Library
Why I read it: Second in series
Grade: B

Synopsis:
The hit adaptation of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series continues! What price will Anita pay in order to save her friend's life and solve the Vampire Murders? Will she actually kiss Phillip? How far will Edward go in order to find out where the daytime resting place of the Master Vampires truly is? Where is Jean-Claude? And most important, who is behind the Vampire Murders? What's next for Anita Blake, you ask? The answers to all of those questions are here! Collects Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures #7-12.

My review:
I love the artwork in this book.  I think that's probably my favorite thing about it.  Except for when they're supposed to have scars, like Phillip, who has them all over his body.  It just doesn't look good--it doesn't look anything like scars.  But other than that, I love it!

The story is pretty good.  With graphic novels, you usually don't get bogged down in details or anything extra.  This one is pretty much all dialogue, with Anita's thoughts thrown in here and there.  I've read Guilty Pleasures (the novel) and I think I still like the story better in graphic novel form.  The book didn't really do it for me.  I can't honestly say that this is great reading, but for me, with graphic novels, the artwork factors heavily into how much I like the book.

No comments: