Thursday, November 12, 2009

Living With Confidence in a Chaotic World


Title: Living With Confidence in a Chaotic World
Author: Dr. David Jeremiah
Genre: Christian Nonfiction
Got it from: Thomas Nelson Publishers
Why I read it: received review copy
Grade: C

Synopsis:
This book is about things that we can do to live calmly and confidently in a world that is filled with uncertainty and turmoil.  Filled with scriptural references and biblical reasoning, Dr. David Jeremiah gives ten ways to make life more peaceful and filled with hope as we look toward the end times.






My review:
I think Dr. Jeremiah is an interesting author, and this book may have worked better for me had it been in article form.  I know that would negate it being a book, and therefore I wouldn't be doing a book review.  I just didn't feel like there was enough information to fill a whole book.  While it was scripturally sound, and I liked what he had to say, I felt that it was way to repetitive for me to enjoy it.  It seemed to be saying the same things over and over in a chapter, and while what he was saying were all very good things, and things that make sense, I don't need to read the same advice told in ten different ways.

No comments: