Thursday, January 7, 2010

Captain America: The Man With No Face

Title: Captain America: The Man with No Face
Author: Ed Brubaker
Genre: Graphic Novel
Page Count: 168
Why I read it: I like Captain America
Grade: B

Synopsis:
Bucky has survived his first major trial as the new Captain America, but now a villain from his past - both as Bucky in WW2 and as the Winter Soldier during the Cold War - has come to the U.S., and he'll have to face his history just as he's finding his feet in the present. The beginning of a gripping war and espionage tale, with some familiar faces for long-term Cap readers, as the New Captain America moves further into the Marvel U. Collects Captain America #43-48.



My review:
For some reason, I've always really liked Captain America, even though I've never read a Captain America comic before now.  I'm familiar with the character, because I'm a Marvel fan, and I've spent time delving into the Marvel world with my kids.  So, this was my first one, and I have to say, I kind of wish I'd have started with a Captain America where Steve Rogers was still alive.

But I didn't, and this one was pretty good.  The story was quite interesting, and although it went back and forth to different time periods, it wasn't confusing.  The artwork was good.  I'll definitely read more by this author, and hopefully a lot more Captain America graphic novels (or comic books) in the future.  I would recommend this to Marvel fans, but not necessarily to all graphic novel readers.

No comments: