Monday, January 11, 2010

The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers 2

Title: The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers 2
Author: Carla Barnhill
Genre: Juvenile Christian Non-fiction
Page Count: 384
Why I read it: Received from Tyndale Publisher for review
Grade: A

Synopsis:
The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers 2 uses the Little Blessings characters to help children through easy-to-understand devotions. Each reading pairs a Little Blessings illustration with a short Bible verse and devotional thought that gets you and your child talking about the simple truths of Scripture. A fun, rhyming prayer completes each devotional. This book is a great way to get young children interacting with Scripture daily to learn of God’s wonderful promises and timeless truths. Previously published as Blessings Every Day.

My review:
When I received this in the mail, and let my three-year-old open it, he was so excited to be getting his very own book in the mail.  We started reading it right away, and although it's a devotional, meant to be read one page (or devotion) each day, he wanted me to just keep on going.  We've read through this whole book a couple of times already.

He absolutely loves it, and I think it's quite cute, with good Biblical truths.  The illustrations are adorable as well.  I'm not sure how you could get by with just reading one page at a time with your preschooler.  I guarantee once you start reading, they'll want more.  So, in this way, it doesn't really work as a devotional book.  But that's not a bad thing, I don't think.  I would recommend this to Christian parents looking for a good book to read with their young child.

No comments: