Sunday, July 4, 2010

Through Thick and Thin - reviewed by Kaitlyn

Title: Through Thick and Thin
Author:Sandra Byrd
Genre: Young Adult Christian Fiction
Page Count:220
Why I read it: I received a review copy from the author
Grade:A

Synopsis:
Savvy Smith, 15, sees her chance to write a full column in the paper, making her name and making her way in her new hometown near London, England. But the choices she faces when given the chance to choose between friends, family, and fame may turn her dream into a nightmare.
London Confidential is a new series where British fashion, friendships, and guys collide, and an all-American girl learns to love life and live out her faith.

Kaitlyn's review:
I thought that this book was very interesting, I like how the main character is not obnoxious and weird. I also feel that I can actually learn something from this book instead of it just being meaningless and without a moral. There were some things that I liked about this book that I liked from the first book, like how the author puts things into detail. I also have learned more things about London.

I could tell that the author planned out the story really well. I liked the writing style that the author used. The author made the story interesting and worthwhile. I had a lot of fun reading this book.

At some parts I felt bad for the character, how she would never get her spotlight and I was waiting for her to get some type of spotlight so she could make some friends but I realized that I just had to be patient.

I liked the way the author ended it even though it would have been an extremely hard choice for me. But I thought that the author made it so it was a good choice and it could inspire other people to make choices like this. I think that I definitely could learn a thing or two from this book.

I would suggest this book to anyone who likes young adult fiction who is willing to learn and to make wise choices in life. If you are the kind of person who likes to read about an average teens life, good choices, fitting in, and even just fixing all your problems; then this is a good book for you.

1 comment:

firepages said...

Making good decisions, sharing the spotlight, and knowing how far you will go to fit in with others are issues that people of every age go through. I really like it when authors address these issues early on with the YA readers.