Monday, June 28, 2010

The Bachelorette Party

Title: The Bachelorette Party
Author: Karen McCullah Lutz
Genre: Chick Lit
Page Count: 256
Why I read it: chick lit group on goodreads
Grade: D+

Synopsis:
After being left at the altar by her soap star fiancé, L.A. high school teacher Zadie Roberts wants nothing to do with love and romance. Still, with the help of her best buddy, Grey, she may somehow overcome the wedding that wasn’t. That is, until Grey gets engaged to Zadie’s prim and proper cousin Helen, and Zadie is dragged back into wedding festivity hell. The coup de grâce is Helen’s bachelorette party, thrown by her clique of prissy friends and certain to be a day of torture. But when the Pinor Grigio goes down and the sweater sets come off, things get out of control. Helen turns into a girl gone wild and manages to get herself into a sticky situation that just might sink the happy couple for good. And meanwhile, Zadie’s own love life takes a most unexpected turn. Karen Lutz throws one bachelorette party you won’t soon forget.

My review:
There were some interesting things about this book, but overall, I just didn't think the story was great. There wasn't a whole lot to it, and even though it kept my interest enough to keep me reading, it certainly wasn't memorable.

I had a hard time really caring about the characters. Some of the women were just silly, and I found their actions a bit unrealistic at times. The book was also extremely crude and had quite a bit of language, which isn't really my thing either. I don't think I'd recommend this one, as I've read a lot of better chick lit.

No comments: